Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Please edit email subject line before u send email

Please change your email subject before replying a email

I feel annoy when receiving a reply email, where the email content are not related with the email subject. People are just “lazy” to compose new email, and fill in address field with new email subject, they simply wanted hit reply button, where the address is pre-filled, even if the content is not related to the subject. Here's what happen to me today.

My recruitment agents call: "Hi, James, have u review the Java Developer CV I send to u yesterday?"

Me: "I didn't receive any email on regards Java Developer CV oh"

Agent: "Did lah, I send it yesterday about 3:30pm, could u check ur email again"

Me: "Hm, let me check, I did receive one email with the subject of 'Free for lunch?' from u.."

Agent: "That's the email..that's a CV attached".

Me: "Then why don't u change the email subject to 'new Java Developer CV to review' to me before u sending email back to me?"

Agent: "Err......"

No comments: